Headmaster’s Office Museum
This mini-museum commemorates the students, teachers and parents and citizens associated with the Old Gordon Public School, the first public school on the North Shore of Sydney. The school opened in 1871 and closed in 1989.
The Museum is open when our Rooms are open.
Can you assist?
- Did you attend this school?
- Do you know someone:
- – who did attend,
- – was a teacher, or
- – was a member of the Parents and Citizens?
- Do you have any photographs or memorabilia of the school?
Since opening we have collected a range of class photographs, some photographs of teachers and a small collection of memorabilia.
Some students, teachers and parents have provided us with ‘recollections’ of their time at the school. These can be anecdotal, humorous or simply statements of fact about life at the school. Collectively and placed in context of time they are beginning to reveal some of the history and life and times at the school. If you believe that you can help, please download and complete the form and mail it together with any photographs etc to the Society. If you would like to retain the photographs or memorabilia please contact the Society and we will make arrangements to copy those items and return the originals to you.
- Ku-ring-gai Historical Society Inc. at our Research Centre between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm, Monday to Saturday.
- By mail at: PO Box 109, Gordon, NSW 2072
- Telephone 9499 4568
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org