Our Volunteer Program
To staff our Research Centre we continually need volunteers to maintain our scheduled opening hours, and to assist other members and visitors with their research.
Throughout the year we run training programs to teach people about the vast array of resources in our Research Centre and how to get best use out of those resources.
You will also acquire skills that will assist you with your research or be able to join with others in researching topics for our publications. In return we ask that our volunteers assist with staffing of the Research Centre for approximately one day per month.
We are also seeking volunteers:
- Assist in preservation of our archive records comprising vertical files, biographical records, collected archives of families and community organisations, and the Society's administrative records.
- Digitising and preserving our extensive photographic collection.
- To participate in our oral history program.
- Transcribing tapes from our speakers and oral history programs.
- Preparing and compiling databases from original source data.
- To assist with managing the Museum, maintaining and preserving the collection, and preparing displays.
- Preparing displays for our display cases, and outreach activities promoting the Society.
If you wish to become a volunteer let us know, by informing a member of the Committee. If you are not already a member then why not join the Society – the people you meet and the knowledge that you will gain from participating in these tasks will reward you.