Become a Member
But we would also love to welcome you as a member of Ku-ring-gai Historical Society, which offers many other benefits – and all from just $35 a year.
The Benefits of Membership
Importantly, you’ll have FREE ACCESS to the wide range of resources in our collection – plus advice and support from others with similar interests and expertise, including Built Heritage.
You’ll also have personal access to our property history and family history specialists who can provide FREE SUPPORT with various aspects of any personal research you would like to undertake.
Membership also offers you:
- Our Speakers Program on the third Saturday of the month, with informative guest speakers and afternoon tea
- A printed copy of our esteemed research journal, The Historian including postage within Australia
- A copy of our bi-monthly Newsletter, containing informative and entertaining articles on local and family history, and general interest
- Free access to:
Our large collection of books and photographs
Our extensive local history records and research resources
Extensive genealogical records and computerised databases for research
- Free access to Ancestry and Family Search websites at our Research Room
- And of course, the opportunity to meet other people with similar interests!
You will also have the chance to participate in our training programs that are available from time to time on local history, built heritage (property history), family history, oral history, preservation work and volunteering.
Last but not least, all new members will be presented with a complimentary copy of our book, Ku-ring-gai Historical Society – the First 50 Years – a comprehensive 90-page review of the Society from 1963-2013, its achievements, challenges and people – plus a Society tote bag!
So… what are you waiting for? Join today by completing the application form below – we’d love to welcome you aboard!
Our annual membership fees are:
- Single $35
- Household (2 adults) $40
- Groups/Organisations $70
- Please add $10 a year if you would like a printed copy of our bi-monthly Newsletter posted to you. Otherwise, you’ll receive a complimentary PDF copy by email.
Terms of Application for Membership:
- You are applying to become either a Single, Household or Organisation member of Ku-ring-gai Historical Society Inc.
- Members under the age of 18 years are welcome to join but are not entitled to vote
- Household membership is for two adults, each of whom is entitled to vote
- Membership is subject to acceptance by the Committee
- When accepted, you agree to be bound by the current rules of the Society
After submitting the form, you may pay by EFT or cheque.
If by EFT, our banking details are:
- BSB: 032083
- Account No: 248971
- Please add your SURNAME and the word MEMBERSHIP to your bank’s reference field
If by cheque, please post to:
The Membership Secretary,
Ku-ring-gai Historical Society,
PO Box 109
GORDON NSW 2072
If you prefer, you can also pay by cash or cheque in person at our Research Centre in Gordon – please check our location and opening hours on our Contact page.
Please complete your application for membership below. You should receive an automatic confirmation email from us after you press the Submit button – if you don’t, please check your spam folder.
If you prefer not to use the form below, click here to download a PDF application form which you can post to us instead.