Become a Volunteer
Become a valued part of our Society as a volunteer! Our dedicated volunteers play a vital role, assisting in preservation work, and helping members and visitors with their research.
By joining our team, you’ll contribute to preserving and sharing Ku-ring-gai’s rich history, develop valuable skills for your own research endeavors, and also make new friends.
We offer training to familiarise you with the vast resources in our Research Centre and to optimise your research skills. You’ll also have the opportunity to collaborate with others in researching various topics.
Why not join us today – your contribution will leave a lasting impact, ensuring that our shared heritage continues to thrive for generations to come!
We are seeking volunteers to:
- Organise tours of interest to our members
- Run the PA system at our General Meetings
- Photograph the Ku-ring-gai area for our archives and website
- Assist in preservation of our archive records – these comprise biographical files, collected archives of families, community organisations, and the Society’s administrative records
- Help to digitise our extensive photographic collection
- Participate in our oral history program
- Prepare and compile databases from original source data
- Assist with managing our Museum, maintaining and preserving the collection, and preparing displays
- Prepare historic items for our display cases, and for our outreach activities to promote the Society
You’ll find that volunteering is a very satisfying experience – the people you’ll meet and the knowledge you’ll gain from participating will be truly rewarding – and there’s always time for a chat with like-minded members! Interested? Why not Get in Touch!